Best Toastie Ever
Makes 1 serve
- 2 slices of thick sourdough bread
- 1 Tbsp of Urban Forager Green Tomato Chutney
- 4 slices of Jarlsberg Cheese
- 2-4 slices of triple smoked ham (optional if you are vegetarian)
- Thinly sliced red onion
- 1 clove of garlic, minced with a knife
- Thinly sliced Roma tomato to your liking (optional)
- Butter to spread on the bread
- Salt and pepper to taste
- On one slice of bread, slather the Urban Forager Green Tomato Chutney, making sure to pick out any cardamom pods (these don’t taste very nice when you bite into them!)
- Sprinkle the minced garlic on top, and then the sliced onion
- Next, put two slices of cheese ontop, then two slices of ham (omit this if you prefer).
- Put your slices of tomato on top of the ham, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Then put the remaining slices of ham on top of the tomato, then the cheese, then finally the remaining slices of cheese.
- Place the second slice of bread on top, and butter each slice of bread on the outside
- Place in a sandwich press or a hot pan
- Cook each side of the toastie until the cheese is melted all the way through and oozes out the side
- Transfer onto a chopping board and slice the toastie in half, and enjoy!
Subscribe to our Newsletter