Creamy Mushroom Soup
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 400g white button mushrooms, roughly chopped
- 200g swiss brown mushrooms, roughly chopped
- 3 ¼ cups Urban Forager Mushroom Stock
- Black pepper to taste
- 2 heaped dollops of crème fraiche
- Melt the butter in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onions and sweat until translucent. Add the garlic in and cook for 2 minutes or until fragrant
- Add the mushrooms in and sweat down with a small pinch of salt. Be sure to not brown the mushrooms – this will affect the colour at the end.
- Add the Urban Forager Mushroom Stock. Bring to a boil and then lower the heat to simmer gently for 15 minutes.
- Blend using a blender of your choice, you may have to do it in batches depending on the size. Blend until completely smooth.
- Return the blended contents into the pot and simmer until hot again.
- Stir in the crème fraiche (or a cream substitute of your choice) until the colour is consistent
- Ladle into bowls and garnish with more cream, parsley and croutons. Enjoy!
Subscribe to our Newsletter