Creamy Pumpkin & Kale Risotto
This recipe is FODMAP-friendly, gluten-free and plant-based (can easily be made vegan), and was created by Fodbods’ nutritionist, Eloise Turner in collaboration with Urban Forager.
For wonderful FODMAP friendly meals and snacks, head to their website https://www.fodbods.com/blogs/yummy-recipes
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 3 tsp Urban Forager FODMAP Vegetable Stock Concentrate
- 3 cups boiling water
- 1 tbsp onion-infused olive oil
- 1 tbsp garlic-infused olive oil
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 1 cup roast pumpkin (Japanese) puree
- 2 cups chopped kale
- ½ cup parmesan cheese (omit if vegan)
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Pumpkin seeds to top
- Add the stock concentrate and boiling water to a jug and stir to combine.
- In a large pot, heat the oil over high heat. Add the rice and saute for 1-2 mins.
- Add in the pumpkin puree and stir to combine.
- Reduce to medium heat then gradually add in the stock.
- Once the stock has been completely absorbed, the rice should be tender and
creamy. If not, continue to add boiling water until you’ve reached your desired
- Stir through the kale, parmesan cheese and salt & pepper, topping with pumpkin
seeds and your choice of protein to serve.
Subscribe to our Newsletter