FAILSAFE Cous Cous with Sauteed Veggies
- 1 cup cous cous
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 tbsp Urban Forager Failsafe Vegetable Stock Concentrate
- 2 tablespoons light olive oil
- 3 cups of low chemical veggies e.g. leek, carrot, asparagus, sugar snap peas, edamame, butternut pumpkin & brussel sprouts
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
For the dressing:
- 2 tbsp light olive oil
- ½ tsp citric acid
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley
- Salt to taste
- In a large bowl, combine the boiling water and Urban Forager Failsafe Vegetable Stock Concentrate. Add the couscous and give it a quick stir. Cover the bowl and let it stand.
- Prepare the sautéed vegetables. Heat the olive oil in a large pan and sauté the vegetables in batches until they cooked to your preference.
- Make the dressing. In a jar, combine the light olive oil, citric acid, maple syrup, fresh parsley, and salt. Shake the jar to thoroughly combine the dressing ingredients.
- Once the couscous has absorbed the stock, fluff it up with a fork. Stir in the sautéed vegetables and drizzle the dressing over the mixture. Garnish with additional fresh parsley.
Subscribe to our Newsletter