Failsafe Veggie Sausage Rolls
- 1 Tbspn rice bran oil
- ½ a leek, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 200g sweet potato, roughly chopped
- 200g swede, roughly chopped
- 200g zucchini, roughly chopped
- 200g celery, roughly chopped
- 2 tspn Urban Forager Failsafe Vegetable Stock Concentrate
- 400g can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 egg, beaten for egg wash (or egg wash substitute)
- 1 pack of puff pastry or home made rough puff if you’re feeling time rich!
- Preheat oven to 220C
- Bring a medium frypan to medium-low heat, add oil, then leek, saute until leek is soft and caramelised. Add garlic and stir until it turns opaque.
- Steam remaining vegetables (in microwave or steamer), transfer to a sieve while hot and lightly mash with a fork to force liquid from this mixture (the drier the better)
- Add leek & garlic, steamed vegetables, chickpeas and Urban Forager Failsafe Vegetable Stock Concentrate to a blender and pulse until chickpeas are in small chunks
- Halve the pastry sheets and place a row of mixture on the long end of the pastry sheet, roll over to create a roll, cut to desired length (we like bit sized), prick with a fork, remove to baking sheet lined with baking paper or greased
- Brush rolls with egg wash and bake in hot oven for 20-25 mins or until golden brown.
Consider doubling this batch!
We love empire pastry, made here in Western Australia with real butter. Or if you’re feeling time rich, have a go at making your own.
Subscribe to our Newsletter