Labneh with Herb Chilli Oil & Pistachio
This dish is a feast for the eyes and the taste buds! It’s a luscious dish of contrasts: The tart of the lemon & labne with the sweet of the fig; the crunch of the pistachio with the silky smooth labne & oil; the heat of the chilli with the cool of the mint & labne.
When you need to bring a dish and have worn out your old favourites, give this a go – it will be the hit of the party and shhh! don’t tell anyone but it is really, really easy to make!
If you run out of time or are making this at the last minute, you can find premade Labne at some gourmet and fresh provisions stores.
- 300 grams organic greek yoghurt
- A handful of toasted pistachios, chopped roughly
- 2-3 sweet dried figs, chopped roughly
- Sea salt and cracked pepper
- Zest of half a lemon
- 1 clove garlic, finely grated
- ½ bunch parsley, stalks removed
- ½ bunch mint
- 1 green chili, seeds removed
- 60mls olive oil
- ½ teaspoon Urban Forager Vegetable Stock Concentrate
- Set a large sieve lined with muslin over a deep bowl
- Add the yogurt, cover and pop in the fridge to drain for 24 hoursFor the green chilli oil:
- Place the olive oil, green chilli, mint, parsley and garlic into a food processor
- Add the Urban Forager Vegetable Stock Concentrate and process until smooth
- Pour into a glass bottle or jar and refrigerate until ready to use
- Shake before using!To serve:
- Spread the labneh onto a plate, and swirl over some of the chilli oil
- Finely zest some lemon on the top
- Scatter over a few chopped figs and pistachios, and a good grind of cracked pepper and sea salt!
- Serve with some nice seed crackers, or some crudite
Subscribe to our Newsletter