Mushroom & Leek Pie
Just like your Aussie meat pie, only better! You can make this dairy-free AND gluten-free!
- drizzle olive oil
- 2 leeks
- 850g of sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 heaped teaspoon of Urban Forager Veg Stock Concentrate
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon butter (you can use dairy-free)
- 2 tablespoons plain flour (you can use gluten-free)
- 400mls milk of choice
- sprinkle of nutmeg
- around 2 pieces of Premade short crust pasty (you can use gluten-free)
- Thaw your pastry on the bench if using frozen. Slice your leeks, and mushrooms.
- Drizzle your olive oil in a large pot & cook leeks down stirring with the lid on until brown & soft.
- Add your mushrooms, thyme & concentrate, & season with salt & pepper. Cook until soft.
- In another pot, melt your butter & whisk through your flour. Slowly add the milk, whisking until combined. Sprinkle with nutmeg, and season with salt & pepper.
- Add this to the mushrooms & stir well.
- Prep your pasty into a baking dish, you can be as rustic as you like! Scoop in the filing & top with another sheet of pastry.
- Cook for around 20-30 minutes in a preheated 180c oven, or until brown. Serve it up & enjoy!
Subscribe to our Newsletter