One Pot Plant-Based Lasagne
Did you know that lentils & mince beef share similar amounts of protein per 100g?
(uncooked) 14g – Beef to 20g – lentils
Diets rich in plant-based protein populate & feed Anti-inflammatory gut microbe species, while
diets rich in animal protein have been associated with high levels of inflammatory gut microbiota species, increased gut permeability & endotoxins
What starts in the gut does not stay in the gut, our gut health has a profound effect on every body system. Adding in one plant-based meal into your week is very beneficial to your health!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 brown onion, diced
- 1 garlic glove, crushed
- 3 small/ medium carrots, grated
- 250g-ish mushrooms, sliced thin
- 425g can of lentils, drained and rinsed
- 700g organic passata
- 50g tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon of Urban Forager Veg Stock Concentrate
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 100g lasagne sheets, broken
- Plant or dairy-based ricotta
- Torn basil to serve
- Add oil, onions and garlic to a saucepan.
- Cook over low/ medium heat for around 3 minutes or until onions start to brown.
- Add mushrooms and carrots, cook stirring occasionally for 5 minutes.
- Add lentils, passata, tomato paste, stock concentrate, water, and cinnamon.
- Bring to boil and place the broken lasagne sheets around the pot so they are not touching one another, patting down to make sure they are well covered.
- Simmer with the lid on for 10 minutes, on until the lasagne sheets are cooked. Top with dollops of plant or dairy ricotta cheese and sprinkle with torn basil. Enjoy!
Subscribe to our Newsletter