Slow Roast Chicken
When it comes to roast chicken, the secret is in the butter. When you put it under the skin…well, let’s just say it’s pure deliciousness! These days we are all guilty of being go, go, go all the time and looking for quick and easy dinners to free up some time. I’m not going to lie. This one takes a bit of time… but the oven does all the work, and the results are worth it. Perfect for a Sunday roast!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 2 hours and 20 minutes (it’s worth it)
- 250g butter (at room temp)
- 2 tsp Urban Forager Chicken Stock Concentrate
- 3-4 baby carrots
- 2 onions – halved
- ½ clove of garlic
- 1 1.5kg (ish) Chicken
- 1 lemon – halved
- 1 bunch of rosemary
- Olive oil
- 100ml white wine
- 250ml Urban Forager Chicken Stock
- Preheat the oven to 160c
- Combine butter, 2tsp stock paste, salt and pepper in a bowl and mix well.
- In a roasting pan, add carrot, onion, garlic and sit the chicken on top. Using a rubber spatula, carefully separate the skin from the breasts and fill it with butter (any excess butter can be used to cover the legs).
- Rub a little oil over the top, and season well with salt and pepper. Place the lemon and rosemary in the cavity.
- Add wine and stock to the pan, cover with foil and cook for 1 hour.
- After 1 hour, remove the foil and cook uncovered for 50 minutes.
- After 50 minutes, turn the oven up to 220c and cook for 30 minutes. This will give it a nice golden colour. Let it rest for 15 minutes before carving.
Subscribe to our Newsletter