- 2 teaspoon of rice bran oil
- 150 – 200g of vegan red curry paste (click here for Vegan Red Laksa Paste recipe)
- 50 – 70g dry rice noodles per person cooked to packet directions
- 4 teaspoons of Urban Forager Vegetable Stock Concentrate with 1L water
- 1 small bunch of broccoli cut into florets
- 1 zucchini chopped into bite size pieces
- 3 yellow squash chopped into bite size pieces
- 1 cup of pumpkin cut into thin bite sized slices
- 2 makrut lime leaves
- ¼ cup light soy sauce (to replace fish sauce)
- Palm sugar to taste
- Sea salt to taste
- 1 large can of coconut milk
- Lime juice to taste
- Heat the oil in a large heavy based pot, add the curry paste and fry until fragrant and has started to brown well.
- Add the stock concentrate and water and bring to the boil, turn down to medium heat.
- Add the zucchini, squash, pumpkin, broccoli, and lime leaves, simmer for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add the sugar, sea salt and coconut milk and soy sauce, warm through but do not boil, this will help the coconut milk to keep its sweetness. Check the seasoning to adjust.
- Start with adding the juice of half a lime then increase until you get the balance you’re after. The broth should taste sweet and salty with a hint of lime and of course have some heat.
- Place noodles in each bowl and top with the broth, being sure to give each serve a good amount of vegetables. Top with coriander leaves, blanched bok choi, sliced snow peas, a handful of bean sprouts, a lime wedge, and some crispy shallots if you’re in the mood for extra crunch.
- A small bunch of coriander leaves
- 1 bunch blanched bok choi
- handful of bean sprouts per person
- 1 cup of snow peas sliced
- Lime wedge per person
- Crispy shallots
Subscribe to our Newsletter